A chill pill bug is responsible for more than 100,000 infections and the deaths of more than 3,000 people in Australia each year.
The chill pill bugs are found in every state in the country and have been found in almost every country on earth.
The most common species of chill pill is the black and white bug which lives in the southern hemisphere and is found in Australia.
The black and yellow varieties are found mainly in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and Tasmania.
The yellow varieties live in South America and are found on the islands of Puerto Rico and Cuba.
The bugs are not native to Australia, however they are very common in many states.
The new chill pillbug has been named after the Australian state of New South Wales.
Health experts have warned people not to touch chill pill bottles, as they can carry the bug.
“They have a really nasty bite which can cause infection,” Dr Andrew Burdick, a microbiologist at the University of New England in Perth, told ABC Radio Perth.
“The best thing to do is to wash your hands before you eat, and also use a non-toxic soap and water and don’t eat any food that is contaminated with the bug.”
Dr Burdrick said the bug can also be passed on from person to person, causing a severe allergic reaction.
“It is quite easy to spread, so we do have to be very careful,” he said.
“If you have been to the pub and have a chill pill, then you should be fine to not touch anything else.”
The chill bug can be treated with a topical antibiotic cream, or it can be left in the fridge for up to six weeks before eating.
The bug was first discovered in New Zealand in 2004 and has since spread throughout the country.
Dr Buddick said while the bug was harmless, it could pose health risks for people with asthma or other medical conditions.
“When it does get on to the body, you are going to be more sensitive,” he explained.
“You can also die from it if you don’t do the right thing to avoid contact with it.”
The bug is now estimated to be around $5,000 to $6,000 in Australia’s economy.
Dr Steve Mottrell from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare said it was important people knew how to keep chill pill containers safe.
“For people to not get to them, to take them in hand, or to drink them is really irresponsible,” he told ABC News Breakfast.
“There are also some risks of spreading it to others who aren’t aware of the potential for infection.”
He said people who have been exposed should not eat chilled pill containers.
“To be honest, it’s just not good to do that,” he advised.
“And we all know how to protect ourselves.”